The Department of Civil Engineering operates independently four postgraduate programs and takes part in the operation of four other Interdisciplinary postgraduate programs.
Independently operate in the department:
- Since the academic year 1995 - '96 a postgraduate degree program leading to a PhD degree.
- Since the academic year 1998 – '99 two Postgraduate Specialization Programs leading to the acquisition of a specialization diploma titled:
- "Earthquake Engineering and Seismic Design of Structures" and
- "Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development"
- Since the academic year 2007- '08, a Postgraduate Specialization Program leading to the acquisition of a specialization diploma titled:
- "Engineering Project Management"
The Department of Civil Engineering also participates in four Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Specialization Programs, to which qualified civil engineers are accepted, titled:
- "Protection, conservation and restoration of cultural monuments"
- "Planning, Organization and Management of Transport Systems"
- "Ecological quality and water management at river basin level”
- "Law and Engineering for Energy"